This weekend I set up a Makefile for tangling and weaving one of my org documents. Wanting to automate it for the obvious reasons, I also wanted to have a “fresh” environment for the run. Actually, I was hoping that it would be faster, not just fresher.
Playing with the command line arguments for Emacs, I was stunned to get the tangling down to 30s. Could. Not. Believe. It. Down from 8 minutes! Then, I see the warning:
Insufficient requirements. Expected 8.2.6. Found 7.9.3
(From my memory, didn’t copy and paste it)
Uh oh. I screwed something up. Oops.
Glad I added a check!
All org users should have something like this in their code!
(when (not (version= (org-version) "8.2.6")) (display-warning 'org-mode (concat "Insufficient requirements. Expected 8.2.6. Found " (org-version)) :emergency))
There may be more…
Thank you SHK and Alexander Baier for pointing out that I should be using version= instead of string-equal.