Here are some more fun and/or interesting Scheme projects that I would like to work on (eventually, and in addition to these):
- DrScheme: Add line numbers to the editor window
- DrScheme: Execute code in editor in another Scheme system
- Port SchemeUnit to R6RS Scheme
- Scribble the SRFI docs
- Write a debt-elimination application
- A Scheme API for generating Graphviz diagrams
- A Scheme API for managing complex SVN projects
- Make Scheme screencasts
- Brush up on the PLT Scheme GUI API
- Research currency and produce a SRFI for it
6 thoughts on “More Scheme projects I would like to work on”
What do you hack on, Grant?
These days when I’m not at work I mostly hack Computational Science.
Nice list of project ideas.
Unless I am missing something, the first project (DrScheme: Add line numbers to the editor window) is already done. In DrScheme if you click at the character position, you get an option to display line numbers instead.
> DrScheme: Execute code in editor in another Scheme system
that would be great.
i am dreaming about switching to ikarus or larceny, but drscheme binds me to plt.
I was thinking of more like something where the numbers show up in the “gutter” to the left of the editor area.
Robby mocked up something like that here:
From what the PLT folks said, it would be *too* difficult to do something like this.