MAX keyboards sells a MAX Keycap, Cherry MX Switches, Gateron Switches, O-Ring Ultimate Sampler Tester Kit.
Might seem crazy to buy a sampler but it lets you do two cool things
- Try out 13 different switches
- You can spend a little more to buy it as an 8-key programmable keyboard.
Lessons learned after “typing” on it (trying it out) for 3 days
- The switches are noticeably different
- It takes a few days to feel the difference
- Coming from a MacBook Pro, the linear switches feel great
- Supposedly only for gamers, would be fine for Mac users
- Should use different switches for different parts of the keyboard
- Main keys: weak springs because used so frequently
- Control keys: strong springs because you want to know it happened
- Modifier keys: strong springs because you will rest your strong fingers there
- Might make you feel better about laying down the cash for a bunch of switches before you have “first hand” experience with them