- Nice presentation on one hacker’s obsession/pursuit
- Making keyboards with Clojure sounds fun!
- Reveals the obsession+expressivity of utilizing a keyboard as a craftsman
- Any machine that required text input resulted in someone designing a keyboard
- Other observations will go in scoping notes
Delightful things about the matias tactilepro4
- Alps switches
- Mac modifier key caps
- Mac Fn: screen brightness, volume, and apparently more
- Caps have option and shift-option keys listed
- Laser etched caps
- Sculpted caps
- USB hub
- No ghosting
Keyboard Layout Editor is powerful. It lets you easily explore layouts. As you type on them in your mind’s eye, you really “try out” the keyboad. Just put your hands on your current keyboard and do your best. At every try you learn something new about what you want. It is like programming with Elisp!
The following are my first 7 revisions of my experimental keyboard layout.