Org-Mode uses UTF-8 files. Therefore you can use the full range of Unicode characters in them. As long as you have a font that contains them, then they will show up correctly. However, when you export to a PDF, why don’t they show up in the PDF?
When you try to align your Emacs frame flush on macOS and it just doesn’t quite reach the edge
You can fix it with
(setq frame-resize-pixelwise t)
Since its v1.1.0 release on 2019-10-13 there’ve been enough updates that are worth reviewing if you haven’t already:
Ever heard of an integrated writing environment? Me neither.
Here is the WikiPedia entry.
Org mode is an IWE—right?
Here are some pretty good configuration options to copy.
Seriously they are pretty good and very objective. I tried to keep as little subjective preference in there. Although I definitely failed at least partly, there is good stuff in there.
And it is super short anyway.
When non-Emacs users observe Emacs users laboring over their key binding configuration their typical range of reactions include finding it to be interesting, surprising, remarkable, strange, weird, incredible, striking, bizarre, deviant, eccentric, freakish, monstrous, incomprehensible, inconceivable, incredible, unimaginable, and unthinkable. With that range reactions in mind it is self-evident that if you are reading this then you already know why you want to use more of the Emacs’s modifier keys you just want to know how. The purpose of this project is to capture one way of using all of Emacs’s modifier keys.
When I update Brew I minimize the terminal window so I can work on something else while it is running. Every so often I check to see if it finished. Then I read through the history to see if there is any work I need to perform by hand. For example sometimes Brew can’t link things and other times the package won’t even install. This has always worked well. Today I had a funny surprise though.
This is a correction release that addresses:
- Some cyclic dependencies
- Not handling generating artifacts updates when in the buffer
It shouldn’t have any impact on it’s use. Please let me know if it does.
I just released Org2Blog v1.1.0.
Right now you can’t try out an Org2Blog v1.1.0 package from MELPA because it isn’t yet building using Org2Blog’s new recipe. Eventually the pull request will get merged. Once it does I will push the changes. However, you can still try out v1.1.0 using a package.
If you’ve been waiting to try Org2Blog v1.1.0 using a package then you can download it here just download the tar file. After downloading it you can install it from Emacs by typing
M-x package-install-file and then choosing the file
org2blog-master.tar you just downloaded.
The package manager should install the required packages but if it doesn’t it will warn you and you can manually install them. Depending on how you configured
package-archive-priorities everything should go just fine. Let me know if it doesn’t.
Checkout the README.org now included within the package.