You might want more than a few ways to “return” when inside of Org; I did.
- Make it really easy to work in existing list items,
headings, and tables
- This is listed first because I often go back to modify entries
- <return> because it is used the most
- Make it really easy to add new list items, headings, and
- M-<return> because the binding comes with Org
- For when I want to break out of the default
Org indentation to start working at the beginning of the line for example when
I’m done working in a list or have just created a new heading
- C-M-<return> because it is next step “lower” in the binding
- When I want to insert a new line between the current
and next line then position the cursor correctly indented at the start of it.
- s-<return> because it is that is the last place in the modifier key chain