Here are three ways that I might want to quote content in my personal notes with Org-Mode:
My friends really might want to know how.
- Small changes to a 104 key ANSI skyrocket the price
- Stay close to the standard to make it affordable
Continue reading “Emacs Keyboard Design 37: Possible”
- Start with layout 35
- There are only 10 layers total
- Use Fn as a one-shot
- Use Layer as a toggle
- Choose layer with number keys
- Double-tap to return to base layer
- Remove layer row
90 key layout
Continue reading “Emacs Keyboard Design 36: Mainstream 90 Key Emacs Keyboard Layout”
- Going too far from the mainstream pushes the cost up too high
- Let key do things that Emacs knows how to do well to leverage keyboard firmware
Continue reading “Emacs Keyboard Design 35: Mainstream 96 Key Emacs Keyboard Layout”
The latest iteration places space and return well and the modifiers are all present and easily reached. How would it look in a grid layout?
Continue reading “Emacs Keyboard Design 34: Grid Layout Revisited”
auto-fill-mode is named by
auto-fill-function via magnars.
- Impossible to design and fabricate a custom for a reasonable price in time and money
- Use a XKE-128 instead
Continue reading “Emacs Keyboard Design 31 and 32: Give Emacs More Logical Modifiers”
- After 3 years using single-key modifiers on a MBP and HP laptop I can do the same thing here.
- USB spec defines all
F keys so use them and see what happens
- Get rid of right side of board in the process
Continue reading “Emacs Keyboard Design 30: Smaller Modifiers”