When I update Brew I minimize the terminal window so I can work on something else while it is running. Every so often I check to see if it finished. Then I read through the history to see if there is any work I need to perform by hand. For example sometimes Brew can’t link things and other times the package won’t even install. This has always worked well. Today I had a funny surprise though.
This is a correction release that addresses:
- Some cyclic dependencies
- Not handling generating artifacts updates when in the buffer
It shouldn’t have any impact on it’s use. Please let me know if it does.
I just released Org2Blog v1.1.0.
Right now you can’t try out an Org2Blog v1.1.0 package from MELPA because it isn’t yet building using Org2Blog’s new recipe. Eventually the pull request will get merged. Once it does I will push the changes. However, you can still try out v1.1.0 using a package.
If you’ve been waiting to try Org2Blog v1.1.0 using a package then you can download it here just download the tar file. After downloading it you can install it from Emacs by typing
M-x package-install-file and then choosing the file
org2blog-master.tar you just downloaded.
The package manager should install the required packages but if it doesn’t it will warn you and you can manually install them. Depending on how you configured
package-archive-priorities everything should go just fine. Let me know if it doesn’t.
Checkout the README.org now included within the package.
This explains how to disable global Eldoc mode
(require 'eldoc) (global-eldoc-mode -1)
Org2Blog v1.1.0 has some improvements to it. The README has a lot more in it. There is a user interface (Hydra) now that makes all of the features very visible and easy to use. Some code was refactored and some features were implemented and completed. There are a lot more status and other messages to help make sense of what the application is doing. There is a Test Plan and notes about Contributing.
Tonight I finished coding and testing Org2Blog 1.1.0 as far as I can take it. You know the point where you lose the ability to see the artifacts anymore? That is where I am. Everything seems to work, I’ve been using it and “it works on my computer” lol. It is ready for folks that feel like trying out the new version. Folks who are patient and curious and pretty OK with bugs ranging from the dumb to the painful along with suggesting improvements for better documentation and even new functionality might enjoy this sort of thing.
On 2014/07/03 I wrote How To Choose A Font. My font choice would get used mostly in a text editor, a web page, or a printed page. Based on notable information I ended up choosing DejaVu Sans Mono. Five years later I’m still in love with it.
Right now though I’ve got important life-tasks that I need to complete, that I want to avoid. So it seemed like a great time to revisit my font choice.
The only time that I call
beginning-of-buffer is when I want to visit the file header, which isn’t very often. The rest of the time I only want to go up to where the code begins, or at least close to it. That is the logical beginning of the buffer. Another example is going to the beginning of a
magit-status invoked buffer: I’ve never use the first first 3 lines of it. The logical start of it is the Untracked file listing. The Beginend package moves your cursor to the the logical beginning of the buffer content. It also implements a logical
end-of-buffer. It might not sound like much, but it bumps up your user experience by more than a few notches: it makes the modes do what many of us are thinking and that is the ultimate feel good experience. Here is an example: