Facebook and Instagram are better than television and like any good thing it is nice to have a break. Real televisions have an on/off switch but computers don’t really. Technical folks: here is one way to make it easy to give your OS X macOS box an on/off switch for your social sites:
if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
sudo cp /etc/hosts.distractions /etc/hosts
printf "...forbidding distractions.\n"
sudo cp /etc/hosts.org /etc/hosts
printf "...allowing distractions.\n"
This large print version looks easier to read.
- Brene Brown on Super Soul Sunday
- be aware of your limitations, don’t over promise.
- holding the confidences of others
- choosing courage over comfort, choosing what’s right over what’s fast fun or easy, practicing your values, not just professing them.
- when we assign value positively to when we or others need help
- take whatever words I say in the most positive kind accepting manner. Learn to make generous positive assumptions about what others say or believe.
- Common Enemy to Intimacy
- sharing negative gossip about others.
- Can you count on yourself?
- “Follow your curiosity
- This is much easier than following your passion.
- Curiosity is always gentle and available.“ – Elizabeth Gilbert
Here. I didn’t find it obvious. Not that my ignorance says anything about the pants :).
Men like wearing blue jeans or dress slacks. I do. Do they have them for Hatha Yoga? Probably not. I couldn’t find any. I found the next best thing: Thai Fisherman Pants.
Do Thai fisherman really wear these or not. It doesn’t matter because they work. They work fine for me. I can do Hatha in them. My test subjects: these and these. Not the worlds thickest material but it is still cotton and you can’t see through any of the areas that count. Good for you and everyone else in class.
Are they the same as the $100USD version? Probably not but I don’t care. I’ll worry about that later. You probably can too.
They cost less than $20USD. You don’t have to make any stressful commitments because you spent tons of money on your Yoga clothes. Why wait?
The Himalayan Institute Mission Membership shares everything that the Institute has got. Astounding. Lectures from Pandiji today and Swamiji from time ago. Workshops. You name it tons of great stuff. It is a way to participate in and mutually support this fine tradition.
It is worth sharing.
The normal membership is free and it gives you limited access to tons of stuff. Great way to figure out whether you want to see more or not.
There is something for everyone from teachers to parents to you name it.
For example the classes on brain health and yoga for TBI recovery are awesome and you might want to watch them more than once :).
Denial is a powerful medicine. Maybe your friend is in denial and you don’t like it. Maybe you wanna have a straight talk with them to snap them out of it.
When you walk away you just left them with two problems instead of one.