Fender extender installed

Saturday night I finished up a project I had started on Friday night, installing a fender-extender on the Connie.

While I hadn’t had any problems with crud getting thrown up from the front wheel, I just didn’t like the idea of that happening. There are a few vendors, but I went with Murph’s Fender Extender. They run a great shop, and cater to Connie owners.

Installation was pretty straightforward. After talking to the guys on the C.O.G. list about it, I realized that it really wasn’t necessary to take off the front wheel or the fender itself; rather I could install it while both were mounted and it would probably be OK. The hardest part was finding the glue.

Reading the directions on Murph’s page I find that they are a little more detailed than what came with the kit! Well, after clamping the thing for 10 hours and on top of that using two steel bolts bonded with red loctite; I think it should stay on there just fine.

Addendum:09/11/10


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *