Here is a template that I have found successful in minimizing the hassle for a motorcycle seller and maximizing the information summary for a motorcycle buyer. Credit is due to those who helped me with this; foul is due to me for any mistakes. It follows:
Regarding your motorcycle for sale, I put together the following questions to make it pleasant both for you as a seller and me as a buyer:
In case I want to set up an appointment to test-ride and purchase the bike, at what phone number(s) are you reachable throughout the day?
My cell phone number is ###-###-####.
Why are you selling it?
Do you have the title?
Is the title in your name?
Is there a lien against the title?
Does the VIN on the bike match the VIN on the title?
Has this bike been rebuilt?
Did you follow the standard maintenance schedule for the motorcycle?
Are service records available?
If so for how long?
When is the last time that the the brake pads, hoses, or any of the fluids were changed (and which ones)?
When is the next service due?
What year is it?
How many miles does it have?
Has it ever been tipped over?
Does it come with any after-market items:
* Body (seat, fender extension, foot pegs, levers, tip over bars, handlebar risers, passenger backrest, heated grips, throttle lock, tank bra)?
* Braking(lines, pads, rebuilds, rotors)?
* Electrical(battery, horn, power outlet for heated gear)?
* Engine/Transmission(air filter, seals, cooling, spark plugs, exhaust)?
* Fuel System(fuel tank quick release, carbs, jet kit, filter)?
* General(vendor owners manual, Clymer manual, cover, wheel lock (any method))?
* Hardware(stainless screws)?
* Lighting(mounts, light kits, dual-headlight, tail lights)?
* Luggage(top case mount, top case (Givi etcetera), tankbag?
* Suspension(shocks, fork brace, )?
* Windshield(Givi, Rifle, lip add-on)?
Do you allow a test-ride before purchasing the bike?
Do you accept a cashiers check?
How much are you asking?
Is that negotiable?